In English there are three major types of tenses. Namely-
- Present Tense
- Past Tense
- Future Tense
Each major type tense can be further classified into four sub categories.
The four sub categories of Present Tense are –
- Present Indefinite Tense – I eat rice.
- Present Continuous Tense – I am eating rice.
- Present Perfect Tense – I have eaten rice.
- Present Perfect Continuous Tense – I have been eating rice.
The four sub categories of Past Tense are-
- Past Indefinite Tense- I ate rice.
- Past Continuous Tense – I was eating rice.
- Past Perfect Tense – I had eaten rice.
- Past Perfect Continuous Tense – I had been eating rice.
The four sub categories of Future Tense are-
- Future Indefinite Tense – I will eat rice.
- Future Continuous Tense – I will be eating rice.
- Future Perfect Tense – I shall have eaten rice.
- Future Perfect Continuous Tense – I shall have been eating rice.